Saturday, May 17, 2008

Made it to Taiwan

Well, we made it to Taiwan and it was a long 13 hour flight. I waited about 30 minutes in the LA airport at the wrong airline and I was getting worried that Dad was going to miss the flight for some reason. I then looked at my ticket and realized that I was waiting at "Air China" as opposed to "China Airlines". I almost went to Beijing, but I figured it out and met up with Father (as Andie would say) at the correct airline.

We are now embarking on the next stage of our adventure and it will be much more difficult and different than anything we have experienced. We have been told by Simar not to "talk to anyone who doesn't concern us and to keep our hands on our wallets." Taiwan is very clean and looks great...that is all about to change when we get to India. Here is how we look at this stage...I look really bad and it will only go downhill. Dad looks great.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That's so 'Troy'!!! I'm glad you made it to the right airline! Did you get any sleep on the plane? It was really great to see your post-I'll show the kids later. We love and miss you! Keep us updated!

Gretchen said...

Good luck you two! We're thinking about you and remember to follow the advice you've been given. Can't wait for the next report.
Love, Chad & Gretch

Dinah said...

Okay, Launa and I are waiting for more updates on this exciting adventure. Everything okay here.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Troy and Uncle Jimmy look too much alike. Very uncanny.