Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hurray for Disneyland!

My friend Mykan and I decided to take our two oldest girls to Disneyland before school starts on Monday--the last hurrah of the summer. We had so much fun! We were there from 8:30am to 10pm and the girls did so good just going and going! Andie did a few new rollercoasters she hasn't done before (including the Matterhorn & the one in Toon Town) and absolutely loved them. It has been a warming up process for her for the fast rides (she still refuses to return to Tower of Terror :-> ), but I loved watching her turn around after they were finished and saying to me, "Can we go again?!!" Of course we had to see some princesses and we also liked seeing Goofy, Minnie and Pluto. At the end of the day, after the parade we went over to Rain Forest Cafe and had dinner. It only took about 5 minutes in the car before they both were out! Fun day!
On Friday we are taking Andie to her Kinder"garden" party where she gets to meet the principal, teachers and classmates. I think she's excited because I called it a "party". I can't believe she's starting Kindergarten! Unbelievable! We'll let you know how the first day goes!











4 comments:

Gretchen said...

How fun! My kids loved that roller coaster in toon town when they were little too!

Dinah said...

Kindergarten, high school... I'm still getting used to the idea I have grandnieces and grandnephews.

Sounds like a fun day.

Dinah said...

Ooops. Forgot to mention on my previous comment. I've cleaned up the feeds & tweets on the Malone & Stoddard Families FriendFeed. So to check out what is happening with all the other bloggers & tweeters, go to: http://friendfeed.com/rooms/malones

Kjell Crowe said...

Hey Jen!
It's Kjell.
Your cousin on Troy's side.
Just stumbled upon your blog and thought I'd say hi!
Your kids are soo big!!!